Friday, April 30, 2010

May 1- Derby Day

Though it has never happened before, its possible that the Derby will be rained out tomorrow. We are supposed to get a big soaking rain which may make the race impossible. Already there have been tornadoes in Arkansas and Missouri (I think). Flood warnings are out for Sunday afternoon through Monday morning.

Though I would love to go to the Derby Party at my church friends home, tomorrow is my only weekend day to do laundry and clean house. Not that these are my preferred activities! This week of getting up early and working all day has been a real trial for my body. I'm just so out of practice that having a job to go to has really kicked my.... but today is Friday, and I am still awake at 11:30 pm. So I must be adjusting.

Because I have come home every day and gone to bed, there has been little in the way of menu discipline. However that is over. Tomorrow I will make up a practical menu, including all the breakfasts and lunches because we cant spend our money on fast food. Its a bit of a challenge for me as I frequently am on the road at lunch time and cant really juggle a salad or a cup of soup and the steering wheel. Yet I am not at all okay with a sandwich every single day! We will see how that gets resolved.

With the big rain coming again (it rained Monday through Wednesday constantly, and dried out a bit over yesterday and today) and flood warnings for Sunday through Monday I am wondering if our garden will get washed out. I sure hope not. It was a lot of work (specially for Becca). We do have all the seed we need except for corn, and we would have to buy the tomatoes all over again.

Today we had a case where part of the proceedings were sealed. It was very interesting to see how the law works when the public is not in the room. Fascinating. Every day is something a little different, which I really like. Also I may be able to stay in town on Monday and type, which I also really like. Travel all the time is tiring.

More to come tomorrow... during a break from Cleaning and Laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment