Monday, April 26, 2010

Of Jobs and Courts

Well I had my trial run today as a court reporter. Its going to be very interesting. I go out again tomorrow, this time alone, and I am looking forward to it. It does make a change in my plans though. Now I have to specify what I am having for lunch cause I might have to take it with me. Tonight I am fixing beefy mac stuff for the Hubby and Daughter to take this week as lunch. I will make a ham sandwich for me, and while their beefy mac is cooking I will bake some cookies (pre-made Angel Food item). That will make a nice break. And I believe I will do some breakfast casserole in the crock pot so we can all have something warm in the morning. This spring rain is very chilly. It will be interesting as we have no cheese in the house. Improvisation will be the key :)

As this was my first day of work, the Hubby, who was off today after working 10 hours of OT yesterday, fixed dinner. We were off the menu but it was so nice to have someone else do it I don't mind. Apparently the breaded chicken tenders were not of sufficient quality for AF to send them out. They substituted 2 lbs of fajita chicken. Hubby used half of it in some Asian Fried Rice Chicken Helper. Should be an interesting fusion of East and South West.

The rain is supposed to continue tomorrow and Wednesday, then kick in again over the weekend. I hope we don't have a lot of weeds in the garden, as it will be muddy. The tractor turned the ground so very well that it will be ankle deep mud I am afraid. Here at the house we have some large interesting mushrooms growing around the square foot garden! The cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower are looking good though. Perhaps at some point I can post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment