Monday, April 12, 2010

What a Great Day!

So it was beautiful again today. We went to Sunday School, and Church. Both were edifying :)
Came home, took a short nap (necessity as I hadn't slept well the last 2 nights) and then worked on some sewing. Went to Richmond to see, follow me now, the married daughter's best friend's recital. She did a wonderful job, btw.

Home again and Skype with the family in Alaska. That is one slick program and I love being able to see and talk at the same time. Makes Fairbanks seem so much closer to Kentucky!!

The menu is all hither and yon. Because I was away from home on Friday night, the hubby and daughter had beans and franks (originally slated for Monday night- as in tomorrow). Then today we had lunch meat sandwiches or salad for lunch and really didn't eat any dinner. That is unusual here. I will have to juggle the other dinners and fit them in before menu planning again. And we HAVE to eat the salmon. Its frozen, so it won't go bad, but still. I keep planning it and I keep not fixing it! We like it just fine, so I don't really know why its such an issue.

I have discovered that yet again convenience costs more money. Eating cold cereal in the mornings is going to cost us in milk. However, since only the hubby actually drinks milk on purpose, and we could use the calcium, I am not going to fret this new development until there is no milk AND no money!

I read something interesting the other day. Another blogger mentioned that cutting portion sizes was really helping her budget. She got the amounts for a "regular" serving of different foods, and then started filling plates based on those amounts. The family ate less, but didn't seem to notice all that much, and they lost weight while staying healthy. This sounds like a good plan to me. Heaven knows we could use the weight loss at this house.

I know that it is spring finally. Not because the grass is lush and green, or the tulips have bloomed, or the birds are all back and raising a racket outside. Nope, its because I want to eat cantaloupe. Yup this is my "spring has sprung" craving. It is so strong that here I am tonight, wishing for something to eat ( having not had supper) and the only things that sound good are steak and cantaloupe. I have potato chips and I_ don't _want _them!!! Amazing huh?

I think instead of eating I will just go to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment