Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Well, my cousin has been making this stuff for a while now. She says it saves her serious money & cleans as well as what she can buy in the store. I like the idea that I can control the scent and artificial color, both of which are problems are our house. So I decided to give it a try today, since the store bought stuff is just about gone.

I went to Making Homemade Laundry Soap to check out the directions. Then I headed out to the store and found:
Fels Naptha Soap $1.29
Washing Soda $2.16
Borax $3.89


I also purchased a bucket, with a lid, for $1.27

My detergent is setting up even as I type this. I do use Oxyclean spot remover when I have something really hard to get out. I also have some of that Crisco looking stuff that mechanics use to take the black grease off their hands. That is wonderful for grease splatters. But I wont know for sure how well it cleans the clothes at our house for a couple of days. I will post back with the results.

I also picked up a one dollar Cranberry Mandarin scented candle in a jar. It smells wonderful!!!
Like Spring :)



No comments:

Post a Comment