Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend in Washington DC

Well, this weekend was a bit of a washout when it comes to the menu. Thursday evening, about 10:30 pm my daughter called with news that we could go with the 9 12 project to Washington DC to march on the Capital; and the tickets were very cheap to ride the bus. As a result, I hit the streets of Washington DC rather than staying home and working the menu. Politics aside, it was the most amazing event. So many people willing to give up their weekend and exercise their guaranteed God give right to peaceably assemble and share their opinions and desires with their elected representatives. Let me just say, there is no doubt we were heard by Congress. The problem is they chose not to listen. DC is such a historical city. The very act of being there fills my heart with awe and amazement at all that have come before, sacrifices made in the name of liberty. It gives me great hope despite the fact that Congressmen caved and the Senate Health Care bill passed.

So, today I have to take stock of the pantry and freezer contents, and create a new menu plan for the week. I will post them here later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment