Thursday, March 18, 2010

Amish Bread for the Bread Machine

I tried a new recipe last night for bread. I love it! Now I have to figure out why it fell in the center, so this loaf doesn't have perfect bread shape. I also used bread flour, where previously I had used self rising flour. The taste and consistency are very different. I found the recipe on All Recipes website. You can use the link and peruse other great recipes, or just read on to see the one I linked to:

Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups bread flour
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 18 tablespoons warm water

Directions

  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select White Bread cycle; press Start.
  2. When the dough has raised once and second cycle of kneading begins, turn machine off. Reset by pressing Start once again. This gives the dough two full raising cycles before the final raising cycle prior to baking.
A conversion offered by a commenter says:
Just to add a note, about this fantastic bread, 18 TBS is 1 cup + 2 TBS.


I sliced this for a tuna salad sandwich today and it was yummy. I did this on white bread/light crust setting, and failed to turn off the machine and restart for the 2nd round of rising. That might be the reason the center fell. Also, I just put one package of yeast in, and I think I should have measured it out... so next loaf I will do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment