Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Musings

Well, I was in the garden yesterday. Brought home a few cucumbers and a couple of zucchini. There is very little in the world better tasting than a fresh cucumber. Its just one of life's little pleasures.

Today was casserole day. I cut up a chicken breast and cooked it with dehydrated potato slices, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a soup can of water. It made a nice thick gravy to serve over biscuits. A mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots helped round out the meal. Dessert, something we don't do all that much, was low fat brownie bites with SF chocolate pudding and FF cool whip. I am getting better with serving sizes because there should be 4 servings of pudding, and there was one left for Hubby to take for part of his lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow is pizza day and I have no pizza making stuff. Instead I think we will have oven baked tilapia crusted with rice krispies,

I spent my day deep in laundry. I have nearly found both the floor of my kitchen and the floor of my laundry room again. It just builds up so fast. I have eliminated a few things along the way (unrepairable, irreparably stained, or no long fitting a body at our house), which is also a good thing. I am starting to think in terms of yard sale items as well. There's a lot of junk here that could live somewhere else and not truly be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment