Friday, July 9, 2010

Of Peaches and Syrup

I am not sure my peaches turned out the way I intended. I was trying to make a light syrup, which I thought meant it would be slightly thick. Not so much. So, I added more sugar, and though the recipe said to stir until it dissolves, and then take it off the heat, I also added 1/2 a bag of light brown sugar, and let it boil a while. Finally I gave up on thick and put the peaches in freezer bags with some of the syrup and got them into the freezer. I have a quart and a half of the syrup left! Its going into the freezer and I will use it over some other fruit. Maybe for apple pie?

Today its been peaches and laundry. Mac and cheese for lunch, but we had eggs and toast (plus bacon for me), for breakfast. Its pizza night but I don't have a Chef Boy-ar-Dee mix so I think we will do something else.

I have decided to try something with my menu planning. Now I have assigned each day a certain type of meal.
Sunday BBQ/Grill
Monday Salad night
Tuesday Crockpot
Wednesday Church (make something to take for the meal)
Thursday Casserole
Friday Pizza
Saturday Baking Day and Leftovers Day.

I think this will make things a little easier. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment