Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baking Day

Last night we had spiral pasta with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, and a little diced ham. Sprinkled a little Parmesan on top and it was good. I had 1/2 a box of whole wheat/high fiber pasta, and a box of tri-colored which I mixed up. I put some aside for pasta salad today, and served the Daughter's first without the meat. The high fiber pasta was the trick because for the first time in ages no one asked for seconds, or went foraging in the kitchen later in the evening! It was filling, and okay on the taste front. All in all, I would rather have some pizza.

Today is my first designated Baking Day. I am trying to decide what to do. I would like to put several things in the oven at once and get the best use of the oven heat. I think there will be brownies or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins, and perhaps some bread in the bread machine. I will freeze half of the goodies, so we have them later. I found out that the zucchini bread will definitely go bad if you don't keep it refrigerated! So maybe I will do a batch of that as well and freeze it.

Next week I will plan better. It kind of snuck up on me, this being the first week. I planned to go shopping for table decorations for my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary party but the Daughter woke up sick. I think its a UT infection. So she is guzzling cranberry juice and lemon lime soda, and I am doing laundry and working in the kitchen.

I am also dehydrating today. I have chives to dry and I think I will do some diced carrots too. That will be handy this winter for soup, and I have a bag of carrots just sitting there wishing someone would use them. Because of dental issues no one here can eat raw carrots unless they are grated up, and I am just not up to another grating day quite yet.

I will head to the garden tonight when Hubby gets home to check on the produce. I hope to find enough cucumbers and tomatoes to do the Tomato and Cucumber Salad for church tomorrow. My Cousin is talking about making pickles out of zucchini, which sounds like a plan to me because we have plenty of those!!

No comments:

Post a Comment