Sunday, July 11, 2010

DOK Installation

I am happy to report that the Installation service went very well today. It was a beautiful and moving thing to stand with my sisters in Christ and add to our numbers. Horton did a good job with a difficult task. Its not easy to stand in front of your friends and tell them personal and intimate things. She managed gracefully, with sincerity and laughter. Sally's music was, as always, beautiful. Ann and I read the Old and New Testament readings, and Cindy did all her priestly things, including the blessing of the new members crosses. I don't know that I have the right words to express how I felt at the altar. There is something so fulfilling about sharing the love of Christ.

Our reception afterward was a hit. We had berry trifle, brownies, french toast, grenadine sandwiches, tomato and cucumber salad, and cordon bleu crustini. I was pleased to see the crustini and the salad were well received. I believe they will be permanent additions to my recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment