Monday, July 26, 2010

Regaining Equalibrium

This past week was a very difficult one for our family. The details are not for public consumption, but lets just say menu planning was completely NOT on my radar at all! So, just like every Monday, we begin again. As a reminder (for me and anyone else who happens to be following along), here is the basic plan:

Sunday BBQ/Grill
Monday Salad night
Tuesday Crockpot
Wednesday Church (make something to take for the meal)
Thursday Casserole
Friday Pizza
Saturday Baking Day and Leftovers Day.

Sunday: We had Baked Parmesan and Rice Krispie encrusted Tilapia with baked sweet potatoes, mixed steamed veggies, and sliced home grown tomatoes. Okay, *I* didn't eat the tomatoes, but the Daughter and Hubby did. Since the Daughter is now sticking to her vegetarian adventure I have been working hard to figure out how to feed us. It used to be I could throw a little bit of a lot of things together, call it a casserole, and everyone ate. Now I can't do that because we are eating meat and she doesn't want to. It makes meal planning much more challenging because I have to keep the meat apart from the rest of the meal.

Monday: We can't do salad tonight because this week we have a meeting to attend at dinner time. We will be in transit, so its sandwiches while we are on the move.

Tuesday: Even though today is Monday, I am loading up the Crock Pot with beef roast, potatoes and carrots. It will be ready to eat when Tuesday rolls around and will let Hubby have some of it for his lunch. Daughter will have mac and cheese (leftovers for lunch later in the week)with frozen veggies cooked with the pasta.

Wednesday: Church

Thursday: Casserole - Chicken, rice, mixed veggies, and cream of chicken soup. Served with fresh salad, tomatoes, and Poor Man's Rolls Daughter will have fish nuggets with her salad.

Friday: Pizza night! This will be my first attempt at homemade pizza - no Chef Boy-ar-Dee kit this time. We will see how it goes :) Of course, part of the pizza will be just veggies, but Hubby and I will have turkey pepperoni on ours.

Saturday: Will be bread making day, and I want to try some muffins for breakfasts. This is farmer's market day so there will be veggies to buy and put up. Most notably, corn (which didn't do so well in our garden) and green beans (if I can find blue lakes). I also need to put some apples up because I have a bunch of "simple syrup" to use. (The recipe was supposed to say 2 cups sugar/1 cup water but it was backwards and doubled... so I have all this sugar water left over to use up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment