Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Working Wednesday

This has been a very productive week. We have really focused on getting things cleaned up. Much of the laundry is done (as in folded up and put away in drawers!), the couch has been cleaned off and the slipcover put back in place. And it has stayed that way nearly a week! Today I spent disinfecting the kitchen sink, counters, and stove top. Hubby volunteered to take on the pans that wont fit in the dishwasher, bless his heart. The living room is not cluttered with dishes because they go into the dishwasher when they are finished being used. And all the walls and ceiling have been dusted - no more cobwebs! Its simply amazing how much nicer things are, and we haven't finished getting any one room completely clean yet. I think we let the job get away from us and then got discouraged when the clean spaces got dirty before we got the rest of the job done.

I have also been mourning the loss of the bread machine. Something was dropped on it and broke the window in the top of the machine. Fortunately my brother has one that is not used at his house. He would rather have the storage space, so he is going to bring it to me. Hurray! I love fresh bread. Even better I have bread flour, and bulk yeast, and so it doesn't cost anything but a little electricity to have more bread. Now that we don't have to worry about food allergies any more with the kids out of the house, we have had a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich every day for lunch!

When our oldest daughter left for school I had a hard time readjusting my cooking to accommodate 3 people. We always had a serving left of veggies or whatever the starch was. Now that the youngest has gone to school I am finding that two people eat significantly less than three. Our food is going to stretch much farther than I thought.

In the morning we are doing the massive refrigerator clean out. I want to get rid of all the mystery food and disinfect it. Since the trash will be picked up on Friday, nothing will stink too long in the trash cans! I am also going to tackle the issue of OTC medicines in various parts of the house, and disinfect the bathroom. Then its time to sew. Though I hate the thought of being inside when the weather is finally sunny and somewhat warmer, I need to get the maternity clothes ready to fit on the oldest girl. She's suddenly got a belly, and needs something to wear. :0) I would like to have several things already together except for hems.

Hubby and I took long walk around the neighborhood. It was good to be in the sunshine for a while. Of course we stirred up all the dogs in the neighborhood, but the exercise was nice. Its almost time for church (the Anglican Rosary service is tonight) and then we will come home and have some dinner. Tonight I think we are having chicken Rice-a-Roni with chicken nuggets, snap peas and carrots, and baked apples for dessert. I think it may be a movie night here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment