Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oranges

I love the flavor of oranges. I hate the feel of oranges in my mouth. It's just part of the wonderfulness of me, as my Hubby says. But I love the idea that I could flavor things with oranges. So, since the youngest daughter is not eating up the oranges quickly enough I have sliced those puppies up and they are in the dehydrator! This should be interesting. Even if I just use them in Sangria they will be worth the energy to thaw them. I need to do this same thing with lemons and limes... maybe a few bananas too. I have read that other folks just love to nibble on dried zucchini and yellow squash chips. I want to try it, but honestly! Yellow Squash is currently almost $3 a lb in my part of the world!!! That will have to wait until they are back to 80 cents a lb. I need to be putting the lettuce and peas in the ground. Its hard to go out there and dig around in the cold and wet. I think I am waiting until the end of the week because I need a bit of sunshine to spur me on. We are rapidly approaching the last frost date for Ky, so I can start putting out veggies. The bread machine will be going today. I am so looking forward to the oven element arriving! I didn't fully appreciate the convenience of baking until I couldn't do it anymore! It should be here by the end of the week and we will celebrate with a nice tasty casserole and brownies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment