Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bread Baking

I have a bread machine and that is the only way I bake bread. I would love to have a heavy duty mixer with bread paddles, and counter space to knead dough, but its just not happening in this place. I have to admit I am still trying to figure out how baking it at home is cheaper than buying it at the store (store brand is usually $1 a loaf). But it does taste better, and if I can find a decent sandwich bread then I will drag out the bread machine more often.

Today I am baking a "rebel" bread. I call it that because the instructions say to ignore the recommendations of your bread machine maker and add the ingredients in the order they are listed. GASP! Ignore the rules? Well, there is a little bit of rebel in all of us :) The recipe comes from Allrecipes.com and is named Best Bread machine Bread Recipe.

I'll post tomorrow and let you know if its going to be "the one".

No comments:

Post a Comment