Monday, May 19, 2014

Back on track

So, we had a week of family visiting.  It was fun, loud, energetic, and definitely not a WW points counting time!  We did spend a while at the park, and hit the pool, so I got some exercise.  I managed to stay under 270 lbs, which is a huge win for me.  Its taken over a year to break through that ceiling.  So, now that things are back to normal, the Hubby and I are back to focusing on our points.

The weather has finally warmed up and now my spring cravings have kicked in.  Fresh fruit and vegetables just make my mouth water, and being as most are 0 points, I do not expect to be hungry much at all!!  Today I hit up the green grocer in a neighboring town and brought home bananas (for 1 point Banana Bread), tomatoes for the Hubby, a small head of cabbage to add to the 0 point soup, a couple of sweet potatoes for my lunches, a big cantaloupe, 1 cucumber and 2 zucchini.  At Kroger, using my gift card (which benefits my church), I got some Vidallia onions and they will definitely be a points blowing meal.  They are best with fried potatoes, and I am going to plan to indulge myself one evening.

I had a fist full of coupons today, and loaded some digital ones on my Kroger card, so I saved almost $20.  That was nice, because I was able to take advantage of a few sale items.  Boneless Pork Ribs for 6.75...a full tray of them!  They are rubbed with delicious spices and currently hanging out in the slow cooker.  That will be a nice meal or 5, since there's a lot of meat there.  I expect I can package and freeze a bit and never miss it this week.  Had a great digital and a paper coupon for Barilla pasta in the blue boxes.  So, instead of 2 for $4 I brought home 4 for $3.

I have a rebate for hamburger purchased at Walmart, which requires me to purchase 6 boxes of Hamburger Helper.  I have coupons for the mixes, so on Friday (payday!) I will head there and take care of that.  Strangely enough there was also a coupon available for a My Little Pony toy, which is the theme of my grand daughters 3rd birthday party!  So those things will happen on Friday.

In the meantime, Here's the break down:

Kroger
2.69  Laughing Cow cheese Swiss ($1 off 2)
2.69  Laughing Cow cheese garden vegetable
1.99  Kroger Shredded Cheese
1.99  Kroger Shredded Cheese (Coupon was $.55 off 2)
1.79  Kroger Cherry Pomogranate "Crystal Light"
1.25  Kroger orange juice, half gallon
0.65  Devils food cake mix (coupon was .40 off one)
3.00  4 boxes of Barilla Pasta (high fiber)
1.00 Ketchup
4.70  Kroger instant oatmeal, (coupon was .30 off, sale was 3 for $5)
0.59  Country Gravy mix
1.68  Broccoli, fresh
5.00  Hillshire Farm Lunch Meat (sale price 2 for $6, coupon $1 off 2)
1.25  Yellow pepper
1.31  Vidallia Onions
1.00  Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
0.00  Frozen CA mix Veggies, free with coupon
0.00  Can of Kroger soup, free with coupon
1.00  Frozen pizza
6.74  Pork ribs (marked down for quick sale)
0.39  SF jello
0.69  SF pudding mix
0.69  SF pudding mix
2.49  Krogers version of Vanilla Almond Special K
1.19  Saltine Crackers
0.65 one can of tomato soup
1.39  Pureed Pumpkin
0.69  one can of black beans
3.99  black trash bags
0.65  green onions
1.65  taco sauce, mild.
2.06  Big K Coke Zero... was 4 for $3, plus a .55 off coupon on 3 bottles

Okay, here is how it breaks down menu wise:
Lunch one or two days will be pasta salad (high fiber pasta, tuna [from last week], cucumbers, thawed CA veggies and Italian dressing)

The pumpkin and devils food cake mix are for chocolate brownie bites.  Just mix them together with 1/4 cup of water and bake in mini muffin tins for 20 minutes at 350.  Yummy 1 point goodness there. Sometimes thats breakfast for me, sometimes 3 or 4 for snack time around 4 pm.

The ribs of course are BBQ.  A little cole slaw (cabbage, carrots grated up, and some light Miracle Whip), and some home baked potato chips (still trying to get rid of the potatoes from last week, or might be made with the sweet potatoes).

I have FF refried beans, and rice, taco sauce and shredded cheese.  There will be several lunches of that with a side salad.

We have ham and roast beef lunch meat, 3 pt flour tortillas left from last week, and plenty of cheese, also some dill pickle spears.  Lunch will rock here... along with the 0 point soup.

Chicken one night with high fiber pasta and low point alfredo sauce (thanks to the Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese) with broccoli.

Currently cooking up a big pot of tenderized beef stew meat to use this week for dinner as well. 

Burgers, fried potatoes with Laughing Cow cheese Vidallia onions, and green beans.

We have plenty of oatmeal, and cereal for breakfast. 

Things of note:  We did not purchase milk or toilet paper this week.  Having company meant buying extra last week and so we still had plenty.  Also currently still have 1/2 a loaf of bread, so no need to purchase those things.  Still have half a dozen eggs. 

In total the bill was 53.45, after all the savings.  I feel pretty good about that, even tho I did spend another $10 at the vegetable stand.  Healthy food that I look forward to cooking and eating is a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment