Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23 - Catching up

Going back to work completely shot all my good intentions about menu planning. We have been in the midst of "catch as catch can" for several weeks now. I even got busy and failed to order Angelfood! Now I have to be really careful, as I don't have all that cheap food to count on.

What I do have is a good deal of rice, enough potatoes for several meals, 3 or 4 boxes of pasta, a couple of cake mixes, and a few "add meat" meal helpers. So we will not go hungry, even though I can't spend much at the store.

We are making a grocery trip so there is a list in the making. When I get back I will tally the total up and get a menu on the screen. Definitely time to start using the crock pot. Not just for convenience but because the weather is warming up. I love to grill out and slow-cook when its hot.

Back in a bit with more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment